Ever played a game where you didn’t quite know all the rules?
Or you knew how to play, but felt out of your depth against a bunch of apparent experts?
Writing convincing, compelling copy can be like that. You know a great headline is super-important, but what makes a headline great? Or you’ve been told to always end with a persuasive call to action, but exactly how do you do that?
Just like I often did when someone else got Park Lane and Mayfair while playing Monopoly, you might be tempted to throw it all in.
Making words work DOES take skill and practice. And there ARE rules you should follow a lot of the time (along with rules you need to know when to break). That’s what I do: use my skills and “copywriting rule” know-how to bend the odds back in your favour.
The Game’s Afoot
Your business might need sales copy. But dig a little deeper – what are you really aiming for?
- Multiplying your sales?
- Trying to grow your email list or customer base?
- Looking to convert the hordes of traffic landing on your site?
- Connecting with a new audience that doesn’t know what to make of you?
- Testing a product or service in the market for the first time?
- Maybe you just want to put your best put foot forward on your web site?
Whatever you goal, getting it wrong can cost you. And perhap’s that why you’re here.
Once I’ve finished your project, you’ll be holding carefully-crafted, compelling copy in whatever format you need.
But here’s what you actually get from me:
- a better, more engaging way to connect with your audience
- a more effective, persuasive style of selling your product, service or business
- a way to stand out from and above the masses of competitors you face
- time to let you run your business while a copywriting professional does the “heavy lifting”
And above all, marketing that knows the right rules to win you the game.
Knowing the Right Rules, Helping You Win
Copywriting isn’t Cluedo, where a lucky guess can win you the game.
I get the wins you’re after by using a precise and power set of rules called direct response copywriting.
This kind of copywriting aims to achieve exactly what it’s called: elicit a positive “direct response” from readers of the copy. That might mean buying your product. Signing up to an email list. Or even just watching a demo video.
These are a few of the rules that direct response copywriting follows:
1. Use persuasive and emotionally-charged body copy. People buy for emotional reasons, not logical ones.
2. Test your copy against potentially better variations, and tweak it where needed.
3. Learn the structure of successful direct response copy: where to include the promise, the push or the proof.
Knowing the rules to direct response copywriting has been the foundation of my success. It can also be the foundation for yours.
Get the Right Letters & Nail Your Words
Sick of getting words that just fall flat when it comes to your copy or marketing? If you want convincing copy that hits the triple word score EVERY time, let’s talk today.